Luigi is having a barbecue and invited Mario, Peach, Daisy, and Rosalina. The only guest missing is Daisy. Waluigi calls Luigi and tells him that he kidnapped Daisy and if he wanted to see her again he had to go Daisy's castle and get her back. Luigi goes to Sarasaland to rescue Daisy but needs to collect 134 power stars to open Daisy's castle. After he opens the castle he defeats Waluigi and saves Daisy. Luigi and Daisy return to the barbecue to find out that Luigi's mansion was stolen by Tatanga. To get his mansion back he needs to travel to space.
Rosalina agrees to help him by lending him her observatory but first he needs 50 more power stars to power it up. Daisy becomes a playable character and help him get the power stars. When they power up the observatory they travel to space, battle Tatanga and get the mansion back.
World 1 - Strawberry Plains
World 2 - Caramel Mountain
World 3 - Chocolate Mines
World 4 - Jelly Woods
World 5 - Syrup Shore
World 6 - Popsicle Summit
World 7 - Vanilla Clouds
World 8 - Vodka Valley
World 9 - Tatanga's Zone
Daisy gave Luigi a kiss for saving her and Luigi gave Daisy a kiss for helping him get his castle back. They finally return to the barbecue where they have dinner and celebrate.
- This is the second time Daisy appears in a main game since Super Mario Land I.
- This is also the second time Rosalina appears in a main game.
- This is also the second time Tatanga appears in a main game since Super Mario Land I. Most users do not know who Tatanga is.
- This is the first main game that Waluigi has made an appearance in.
- This is the third time that Waluigi appears in a game and Wario does not.
- This is the first time Daisy is playable in a main game.